GHS Implementation in Vietnam
By Little Pro on 2016-01-05 Views: Update:2017-01-18
Vietnam has already implemented GHS through the Chemical Law, Decree 108/2008/ND-CP and Circular no. 04/2012/TT-BCT. GHS SDSs and labels are required for hazardous substances from 30 March 2014. The table below summarizes the latest status of GHS in Vietnam and the main requirements on SDSs and labels for hazardous chemicals in Vietnam.
|Laws & Regulations
- The Chemical Law;
- Decree 108/2008/ND-CP Detailed regulation and guideline of implementation of several articles in Chemical Law;
- Circular no. 04/2012/TT-BCT stipulating the regulations on classification and chemical labeling;
- Substance: 30 March 2014;
- Mixture: 30 March 2016;
|Out of Scope
- Sample for trade fairs & exhibitions;
- Chemicals for R&D purpose or special cases;
- Pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, pesticides, etc.;
- Additional info required: quantity, date of manufacture (dd/mm/yy), expiration date (if any), origins of goods and instructions for use and preservation;
- Small package: precautionary statements and instructions for use and preservation can be omitted from the label and recorded in an accompanying document.
|Safety Data Sheet
- Section 2. Hazard identification and section 3. Composition/information on ingredient shall be reversed.
- Language: Vietnamese (the same as label).
Reference & Resources
Click here to access all references and resources for Vietnam including the English translation of regulations, regulatory lists and useful links to the websites of competent authorities.
Global GHS Implementation
Topics - Vietnam, GHS Research and Tutorials