GHS in Russia
By Little Pro on 2016-12-08 Views: Update:2018-03-10
Russia has adopted GHS for industrial chemicals on a voluntary basis since 1 Aug 2014. GHS will become mandatory in Russia when its new technical regulation on chemical product safety enters into force on 1 July 2021.
More info about GHS in Russia can be found in the table below:
|Regulations and standards
- Russian Federation Decree 1019 on Technical Regulation for Chemical Product Safety (Oct 2016).
- GOST 30333-2007 Chemical product safety passport. General requirements.
- GOST 31340-2013 Labelling of chemicals. General requirements.
- GOST 32419-2013 Classification of chemicals. General requirements.
- GOST 32423-2013 Mixture classification of hazard for health
- GOST 32424-2013 Classification for environmental hazards. General principles.
- GOST 32425-2013 Mixture classification of hazard for environment
- R 50.1.102-2014 Guidance on compilation and execution of safety data sheet of chemical product
- R 50.1.101-2014 Guidance on the selection of precautionary statements in accordance GOST 31340
- Voluntary for both substance and mixture from 1 Aug 2014
- Mandatory for both substance and mixture from 1 July 2021
- Based on GHS rev. 4;
- Classification standards include GOST 32419, GOST 32423, GOST 32424 and GOST 32425.
- Concentration limits not fully consisitent with EU. (For example, 0.1% for both repro tox category 1 and 2 in Russa while 0.3% and 3% are applied in EU.)
- Standard GHS labelling elements;
- Language: Must be in Russian. The label may be accompanied by other UN languages (i.e., English).
- No more than 6 precautionary statements on labels.
- Names of hazardous substances exceeding concentration limits must be listed.
- Must also include market circulation mark, storage conditions and product registration certificate no.(if available)
- No minimum label or pictogram size requirement.
|Safety Data Sheet
- Standard GHS safety data sheets;
- Also called chemical product safety passport.
- Language: Russian
- Before 1 July 2021: SDSs must be registered and they are valid for 3-5 years.
- After 1 July 2021: No expiration date for SDSs.
Global GHS Implementation
Russia GHS Resource & References
Topics - Russia, GHS Implementation