GHS in Russia
Little Pro on 2016-12-08 Views: Update:2018-04-02
Russia has adopted GHS for industrial chemicals on a voluntary basis since 1 Aug 2014. GHS will become mandatory in Russia when its new technical regulation on chemical product safety enters into force on 1 July 2021.
More info about GHS in Russia can be found in the table below:
|Regulations and standards
- Russian Federation Decree 1019 on Technical Regulation for Chemical Product Safety (Oct 2016).
- GOST 30333-2007 Chemical product safety passport. General requirements.
- GOST 31340-2013 Labelling of chemicals. General requirements.
- GOST 32419-2013 Classification of chemicals. General requirements.
- GOST 32423-2013 Mixture classification of hazard for health
- GOST 32424-2013 Classification for environmental hazards. General principles.
- GOST 32425-2013 Mixture classification of hazard for environment
- R 50.1.102-2014 Guidance on compilation and execution of safety data sheet of chemical product
- R 50.1.101-2014 Guidance on the selection of precautionary statements in accordance GOST 31340
- Voluntary for both substance and mixture from 1 Aug 2014
- Mandatory for both substance and mixture from 1 July 2021
- Based on GHS rev. 4;
- Classification standards include GOST 32419, GOST 32423, GOST 32424 and GOST 32425.
- Concentration limits not fully consisitent with EU. (For example, 0.1% for both repro tox category 1 and 2 in Russa while 0.3% and 3% are applied in EU.)
- Standard GHS labelling elements;
- Language: Must be in Russian. The label may be accompanied by other UN languages (i.e., English).
- No more than 6 precautionary statements on labels.
- Names of hazardous substances exceeding concentration limits must be listed.
- Must also include market circulation mark, storage conditions and product registration certificate no.(if available)
- No minimum label or pictogram size requirement.
|Safety Data Sheet
- Standard GHS safety data sheets;
- Also called chemical product safety passport.
- Language: Russian
- Before 1 July 2021: SDSs must be registered and they are valid for 3-5 years.
- After 1 July 2021: No expiration date for SDSs.
Global GHS Implementation
Russia GHS Resource & References
We do not provide consultancy services. If you have questions or need any help, please contact our sponsor. You may also find an expert in CSP business directory below. If you are a consultant, you may get yourself listed in CSP business directory (free) or
sponsor this page to leave your contact info here and get direct customer inquiries.
Topics - Russia, GHS Implementation